Thursday 24 February 2011

Bali's Amazing Surprises

Meet Adriaan Palar

In my second day in Bali, my buddy Doddy Obenk took me to his close friend, Adriaan Palar. He is an artist, does painting, interior design, and a passionate photography enthusiast since his youth and yes he is 74 years old and still kick ass.

He's also the owner of RUNA Museum, a jewellery museum in
Lodtunduh, Ubud. His wife is Runi Palar, a legend in silver jewellery world in Indonesia with more than 35 years credit under her belt. She is so famous in Japan, once the princess only want to buy the necklace she wore at the moment.

Adriaan is a very warm and an outgoing personality. A broad minded artist with lots of experience abroad and locally he always love to share his past experience and sometimes gives advice to me about art world. From coffee to beer, fried banana till Balinese lunch, we discuss every aspects of arts including photography.

A photography enthusiasts since youth, Adriaan is very passionate when we talked about it. What I know is only my experience in photography so it's all I can share with him, in a humble way as he is like my father in age. In the midst of conversation he spontaneously offered me to stay in his house, which I gratefully accepted. Since then our friendship grow and we started our adventure together in documenting the Balinese cremation or Ngaben the next day.







No comments:

Post a Comment